CEOL
YU army slams Djukanovic for 'undermining defense system'

BELGRADE, Jul 5, 2000 -- (BBC) The Yugoslav Army General Staff's information service has sharply attacked Montenegrin President Milo Djukanovic for, as it is said, unrestrained statements and unjustified criticism of the Yugoslav Army made in the foreign media.

Milo Djukanovic still refuses to condemn the NATO aggression against Yugoslavia, the statement says, adding that although the Montenegrin president was regularly invited to attend Yugoslav Army activities and ceremonies, he ignored the invitations and failed to turn up.

He even refused to receive the Yugoslav Army CGS at the end of the last year, the statement says.

The Yugoslav Army information service adds that the Montenegrin government adopted shortly before and after the NATO aggression several anticonstitutional legal regulations, which undermine the mobilization drive, the financing of the Yugoslav Army and its defense system, that is to say, draft dodgers are being pardoned in advance.

Like in Serbia, the Yugoslav Army is on its territory in Montenegro, and it is a reliable factor of peace and stability, the statement by the General Staff says.

Source: Radio B2-92, Belgrade, in Serbo-Croat 1900 GMT 4 Jul 00.



Original article