CEOL
Bosnia

Local Press Digest

SARAJEVO, Apr 25, 2000 (Rtr)


Moslem-Croat federation DNEVNI AVAZ

Outgoing NATO military chief Wesley Clark said that that the Stabilization Force (SFOR) would continue to help keep the peace in Bosnia but stressed that the future of the country depended on the people of Bosnia.

U.S. Ambassador Thomas Miller, visiting Srebrenica, said his government would assist in the return of 15 Bosnian Moslem families to this town, as well as in the return to Sarajevo of 10 Serb families currently living in Srebrenica.

Ante Jelavic, the Bosnian Croat co-chairman of the country's collective presidency, met Croatian President Stipe Mesic in Zagreb, a source said.

The federation government failed to provide funding enabling the local commission for missing people to continue its work on exhuming victims of the country's 1992-1995 war.

The country's constitutional court may postpone its decision on the constituency of Bosnia's three ethnic groups due to the appointment of a new Bosnian Serb judge.

Workers at the Konjuh furniture plant in Zivinice have bought a 51 percent stake in the company for 12.7 million Bosnian marka ($6.1 million). The remaining 49 percent stake will be offered for sale through a public share offering.

OSLOBODJENJE

The federation commission for missing persons unearthed the bodies of nine Bosnian Moslems killed by Bosnian Serb forces in 1992 in the eastern town of Foca.

The commission for missing persons said that it has exhumed some 106 bodies from mass and single graves throughout Bosnia in the past two months.

The deputy manager of the federation privatization agency, Nedim Lulo, said that international experts within the agency have proposed some changes to the privatization legislation in order to make the process more efficient.

VECERNJE NOVINE

The federation government did not approve a request from the Sarajevogas company to raise the price of gas.

Serb republic GLAS SRPSKI

Bosnian Serb Prime Minister Milorad Dodik said that he expected Zivko Radisic, the co-chairman of the country's presidency, to nominate Svetozar Mihajlovic as the next chairman of the central government, the Council of Ministers.



Original article